Thursday, December 31, 2009

Snow removal?

It's cold here, and can even snow. It snowed a few days before christmas, and even on christmas eve. But because it's also a country of unions, and holidays when people don't work, snow removal on a holiday or after hours in a big city doesn't always happen. So when it snowed later in the day, nobody came to remove it, and instead it turned slushy and wet. And when that froze up again, it became slippery everywhere. And they are very much for the environment as well, so ice melt is used to a minimum, since it's not good for the grounds, the earth and the waters. So instead there were ice everywhere, and it got pretty dangerous to just walk to the car or to the store. The play grounds are still full of ice, and I was probably one of many that fell on this slippery surface, and now I'm sitting with a sprain in my foot! 3 days after it became a problem it was finally an ordinary week day again, and they put down some gravel on the already frozen grounds. Which didn't do much. And here I was sitting and looking out the window and enjoying the fact that I wouldn't have to shovel to get out the door. I should have just picked up a shovel and made myself and everyone around me a big favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment